Assignment 12A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1
- Findings: I was really happy with how the interviews went, I was able to talk to a bunch of people to gain awareness and find out specific needs. What I observed is that people become aware of their needs very early in the year when coming to college, a lot of freshman realize the inconvenience and any returning students realize they still don't like doing laundry. That being said, it is important to market before school starts to establish a market early. After the interviews I realized social media will play a big role in getting customers so that is something that can be established before students get to school. What I found is that the first thing they do is google a solution or ask a friend, which means that having a good ratings and advertisements on the internet is important as well as establishing a good word of mouth, which I believe will come with excellent service. Also, I found that targeting students living on campus makes it crucial to have things such as signs and posters around campus for students to see as they move throughout campus. Most search terms when googled fall under categories both specific such as “laundry services near me” or less specific such as “best way to do laundry in college.”
- Conclusions: This segment is a really crucial part to the success of the business. After interviewing a bunch of people about specifics, I realized that I'm going to have to dig deeper into the marketing of the company. I am going to have to be really specific with how I market to people because the majority of the way this type of business gets around is through word of mouth. I feel that the best way to get a good reputation and word of mouth is to offer exceptional service and create the best experience possible for the customers.
Brian,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you learned a lot from interviewing potential customers! I agree that most of your marketing efforts should be focused during the first few weeks leading up to move-in date for fall semester. The best way to grab attention is to get as many college students talking about your service as soon as possible. Advertising through word of mouth and top search on Google will be your best friend in this venture.
Great Post!