Friday, October 27, 2017

Assignment 18A- Create a Customer Avatar

My customer avatar is a female student at large school, the University of Florida. She have a job while also managing a full school schedule. She's on a pre-med track and volunteers her time at the hospital to get some experience. She lives in a dorm, but has a single room to herself. Although she has such a packed schedule she likes going out with her friends, normally on the weekends. She lives in South Florida with her parents and usually waits until she drives home to have them do her laundry for her. Since that takes away from her time at school she doesn't go home that often and her laundry piles up in her room. 

She's has extreme political awareness and is very concerned about women rights in particular. She attended the Women's March in Washington DC after Donald Trump was inaugurated to express her views. Due to her liberal ideology she has a strong affection towards small business as she believes that they are essential to Americas economy.  


After you have created this customer avatar, I'd like you to answer this final set of questions: What do you have in common with the customer avatar? If you have anything in common with the avatar, do you think that is a coincidence? Why?
I think something we have in common is that we both support local businesses. I also keep myself busy, I like to volunteer my time. I dont think that is a coincidence actually. I think the environment at Uf makes it easier to stay involved or volunteer. 

2 comments:

  1. Your details were great. You did a good job at describing the perfect customer for your services. I think that most people can relate to their customers because they imagine their life as if they are the ones with the need (if they don’t already have that need). I think that it is easier to describe someone like ourselves than describing someone that you have never encountered before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,

    I think you did a great job in describing your target customer. I feel like I know a few people like this at UF, and they would definitely appreciate your laundry service. This assignment was one of my favorites so far - it allowed me to be creative, yet think critically about my target audience

    ReplyDelete