Friday, September 1, 2017

Entrepreneurship Story

The desire for me to become an entrepreneur came at a very young age, being that both my father and my grandfather are both very successful entrepreneurs.  I see myself as approaching life sort of differently than others do when it comes to earning a living.  I see most of my peers falling into the "comfortable" career path where they get a job working for a company devoting their days to making someone else's company grow. That I feel is where I differ, I simply cannot see myself working under someone else and trying to make their dreams come true, I want to make my own dreams and then go out and make them come true by myself. I admire the 24/7 attitude that successful entrepreneurs have and got a little taste of what it was like this summer in New York. While working a full job at The First National Bank of Long Island, I decided to start a little company of my own with a long time friend of mine. Since I am a business major here at UF and he is a Film major at Emerson College, we decided to put our talents together and start making promotional videos for businesses nearby to use for their marketing efforts. We started by Googling all different types of companies and cold calling all of the ones that we noticed lacked in their marketing videos. After landing a couple jobs and making a bunch of key connections along the way, we now have the base for an idea that could take us where we want to go in our entrepreneurial lives. I am taking this class to further expand my knowledge and creativity within the business world. I have heard that this class gives students the opportunity to create their own life-like business situations which will help me tremendously in the future.



Image result for you'll never know if you never try millionaire mentor
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment