Assignment 8A- Solving the Problem
- Through both personal experiences and reaching out to people across campus, I have identified a problem here at UF regarding students struggling to do their own laundry in college. The service that I would be providing would be a hybrid laundry service that has many different options available for students to choose whatever kind of service they are looking for.
- Although I originally identified my target market as young students living in dorms, I realized the market for a laundry service is much greater than that. Not only does the inconvenience of doing laundry provided by dorms create a market, but the time constraints students face when they get older creates its own new market, I believe with more potential for profit than the other.
- The options that are to be provided by my laundry service are,
- Students Walk-In and do their own laundry with their own supplies
- Students Walk-In and do their own laundry with supplies that we provide
- Students drop off laundry and it is cleaned for them, but not folded
- Students drop off laundry and it is cleaned for them, and folded
- Students laundry is picked up, cleaned and dropped off, not folded
- Students laundry is picked up, cleaned and dropped off, pre-folded
- Students can set up a subscription in which they pay a monthly fee to get their laundry taken care of, pricing is based on how frequent they want it done
- The success of the service that I am providing has a lot to do with the location of the store. However, it does not take a very large area to be able to operate, so finding a place with a good location all not be hard.
- The reason that my laundry service is going to have so many options is because it makes the customers feel as if they are totally in control, and therefore makes them more comfortable using my service. By offering various options, I am able to cater to the needs of every student that is looking to get their laundry done while also helping them stay within their price range. They are able to choose different types of services based on multiple things, such as prices and convenience.
I really like all the variety of choices you provide for your business. It could really meet the need for any type of person. You really hit on really anything a person might ask for by walking into your establishment. I can really see that you are very customer focused by providing them with a service that is not only convenient but also offer the variety in order to try and fit the typical college student budget. At the time of writing my idea I could only come up with 2 things I could provide but as the week progressed I started to think of all the other opportunities that I could also try and pursue.
ReplyDelete